Saturday, October 20, 2012

Night Time Posting

Hello and good evening all you lovely people.
Apologies for the gaps in posting this week, but as you know, I'm on holiday in Sweden at the moment. It's so lovely being up here, although it's not all fun and games. But threat not, it's not as bad as it sounds.
Although I've been, what seems a bit like, slaving over a lot of my German homework, yesterday I finally - finally - managed to get it all done. For the past 5 or so days, I've been reading about 70 pages in German, but I do feel I'm loads better now. And the best part is, that now that the assignments for the next 3 months are done, next time I have a due date is in February. Pretty totally awesome.

Since I've finished my homework, I had a lot more time to help my mum and dad around the house. It all looks pretty idyllic from the outside, but let me tell you; it's a lot of work! The house was build in 1915 - we think - and despite almost a 100 years have gone by, there's still no running water in the house. But we manage, and get water in town. We do, however, have electricity. That really comes in handy every minute of the day. Like today.
We have two fireplaces in this house, which basically warms up the whole house. And since we have forest as far as the eye can see, we also have wood for the fireplaces. Or do we? That wood needs to be chopped, and that's what I've been doing today. I remember "back in the day" when we didn't have electricity in the house. Not alone did I have to go without internet - scratch that - my computer (as the battery ran out pretty quick) but when we needed to do chores, like chopping wood, it needed to be done by hand. Quite a bitch. Today we have the splitter, which makes things so much easier.
And that's what I've been doing all day. With dad. However, I had a Harry Potter audiobook in my ears, so it was quite fun actually.
Tonight, however, has been loads more relaxing. My mum and dad have had the neighbours by for dinner, so I've been in my room having a lovely time - as pictured below. I've watched a couple of movies, had endless cups of coffee and cigarettes, and I've eaten a gigantic piece of blueberry cake.
All in all it's been a very nice day, and I though with my recent blogging absence, that I'd let you in on it.
Nighty night, superstars.



1 comment:

  1. Very efficiently written story. It will be supportive to anybody who employees it, including me. Keep doing what you are doing – for sure i will check out more posts.http://goo.gl/9cYcq

    ReplyDelete