Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Project of the day: Wall Decorations

20 days ago I hung some home made pictures on one of my walls, and I've really ended up liking the end result. Plus, there's just something so nice about painting again; I really relax and enjoy myself.
So on Monday, after school I had a doctors appointment, but before I went I had some time to kill, so I went into Søstrene Grene and bought a lot of new blank canvases. I had a lot of ideas for my new batch of paintings, and even though I was way over exhausted that day, I ended up staying up most of the night and paint.
And so yesterday, the paintings had dried off and were ready to be hung. Luckily it didn't take as long as last time, since this wall isn't made of concrete - so fortunately I didn't have to get the drill. Anyway, below are some pictures of the paintings and the process - hope you fancy it

I love this picture! I do this on every side of all of my paintings 
- not that I think they could be sold, but I just think it looks really cute and is kinda funny and silly...
 ... Here's how the wall looked before the paintings were hung. 
I've always hated that wall so much...
... but now I think it looks loads better.
Only thing missing is perhaps another painting in the bottom right corner...
... but other than that, I think the new paintings have made a great improvement!

No comments:

Post a Comment